Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peach Pie...

We had company over for dinner this past weekend and I had some ripe peaches I needed to use so I thought it would be a good time to make peach mini-pies. I brought out my Breville Pie Maker again and got to work. I was in a little bit of a time crunch so I ended up using Pillsbury pie crust instead of making my own. If not making your own, I highly recommend using a high end pie crust instead of the generic brand since they tend to keep together more. I also used a cookie cutter to create the flower shapes and used an egg wash to adhere them to the top pie crust.

For the peach filling I put diced peaches, cornstarch, brown sugar, and vanilla in a sauce pan and stirred until the peaches became soft. I also made homemade whipped cream to go along with them and let me tell you, making it tastes WAY better than store bought. Enjoy!


1 comment:

{ CopyStrands } said...

Love the new background on your blog!

And ADORE you peach pie :)

© our family adventures blog 2015 - Feel free to print, email, or share but please do not use my photos without permission. Thanks!